Aloo Gobi Recipe
Time to Prepare : 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets and washed
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (similar size to cauliflower)
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced cilantro leaves, to garnish
- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala
- ¼ cup of water
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat then add the cumin seeds and wait until they’re done spluttering.
Add the ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
Add the cauliflower and potatoes, stirring to coat the vegetables with the ginger.
Add salt, ground cumin, ground coriander, dry chilies, and turmeric and stir well so that the cauliflower is nicely coated with the spices.
Cover and cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes. If you notice that the cauliflower is sticking to the pot then add ¼ cup of water and stir the vegetables gently. Then cover the pot and let it cook on a lower heat. Remove the lid, stir, and cook until the cauliflower and potatoes are cooked through, about 5/10 minutes.
If you are able to easily break the cauliflower with a fork then you know Cauliflower is cooked.
Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle garam masala over the Gobi and serve.