Tandoori Chicken Roast Recipe
Time to Prepare: 1hr 40min
Serving Size: 5 people
- Full Skinless Washed Chicken
- Tandoori Masala (If your Tandoori Masala does not have a red coloring then I would add 1 tbsp. of Paprika for the color. The Rajah brand has a nice coloring and can be found in your ethnic Food Stores.)
- 2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Jeera powder (cumin powder)
- Half Stick of Butter (cut up in thin slices)
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degree temperature
- In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients together except for butter and oil.
- Place foil on a baking tray and grease it with the olive oil.
- Place chicken on the tray and use a fork or a thin sharp knife and gash the Chicken several times all around so that the spices can seep in.
- Rub the spice mix on the chicken and make sure you cover the whole chicken with the spices.
- Take the thin slices of butter and place them on and around the chicken. Some of the pieces should be inserted in the main cavity.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake for 40 minutes covered.
- After 40 minutes flip the chicken to the other side and bake it for another hour uncovered.
- After 1 hr and 40 minutes your chicken should be ready to serve.
- For additional flavor pour any remaining drippings over the chicken.
*** I usually cut the chicken in pieces and serve it with salad and/or pasta.
*** I would recommend that you marinate the chicken overnight before baking.
*** If you prefer not to use butter then I would substitute it with olive oil. I would drizzle about 5 tbsp. over the chicken.