Indian Hot Dog / Garam Kuutaa Recipe (For those who know Hindi, the translation of English to Indian and vice versa can sound very funny sometimes.)
Total Time: 8 minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
- 4 Hot Dogs of Your Choice ( I personally like to use Chorizo Sausages and/or Aidells Sun Dried Tomatoe Sausage)
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mint Chutney ( can be found at your Indian Store)
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 small bowl of crunchy Indian noodles called SEV ( can be found at your Indian Store) Sev is a popular variety of Indian snack. Sev is essentially small pieces of crunchy noodles made from chickpea flour paste which is seasoned with various spices before being deep-fried in oil. They come in many sizes, try and get the ones that are very thin. Also if you can’t find them then use Corn chips and crunch those up.
- Grill or Boil Your Hot Dogs according to instructions. Once cooked slice the Hot Dog Vertically in half so it’s split open. I like to do this so that all the flavors get mixed in the sausage.
- Lightly Warm the Hot Dog Buns
- Fry the onions till they are translucent
Assemble your hot dog;
- 1. Place the Hot Dog on your bun.
- 2. Add a few of the onions
- 3. Add mint chutney as desired
- 4. Add Ketchup as desired. I like to use the Spicy Ketchup either buying it from the store and/or mixing Ketchup with Sriracha (Vietnamese Chili Sauce)
- 5. Sprinkle a few green chilies on the sausage
- 6. Add Sev at the top
- 7. Close the Hot Dog Bun and you are ready to eat one flavorful Hot Dog.
Beer of your choice will always go with this dish and like my husband and father always say a beer or two is always good for your health. I’m not sure about the good health part, so you can make that your choice on your own.