Kalakand Barfi Recipe (Indian Dessert)
Time to Prepare: 8-10minutes
Serving: 8/10 People
- 3 cups Nido Carnation Milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1/2 tsp elatich (cardamom) powder
- 250ml Table Cream/Light Cream/Coffee Cream.
- Rose Water (This can be bought in your ethnic food stores)
- Mix all ingredients in a big glass bowl and then microwave for 5 minutes.
- Remove and mix with a spatula a few times and then microwave for 2 more minutes.
- When you remove the dish you should notice that the mixture is thicker and it’s not sticking to the sides of the dish as much.
- Remove and place on flat surface and shape it into a thin rectangle.
- I usually take Rose Water and put some in my hand and slap it on the barfi and shape it quickly since it’s hot.
- I add silver Edible foil and then let it sit for 10/12 minutes before cutting.
This dessert can be stored at room temperature for about 3 days and after that you should place it in the fridge.