Total Time to Prepare: 45minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
4 fillets of Tilapia
1 tablespoon of oil
½ box of National Brand Fish Fried Masala Spice (This spice mix can be found at your local Indian Store.)
- Set the oven to 350 and settings should be for bake.
- In a baking tray lay the fillets separately and pour the oil over the fillets and rub gently so the fillets are coated with oil.
- Sprinkle the spice over the fillets and coat the fillets evenly. Make sure you turn the fillets over and rub the spice on both sides.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or till to see that the fish has cooked.
- Fish cooks very quickly and when baking it’s not required that you turn the fish back and forth.
- Try not to stir the fish fillets too much because they can break easily.
- I usually place foil on my baking tray and spray it with oil so that the fish does not stick to the dish. If you use a glass dish then you don’t need to use foil.
- Fish can cook quicker then 20 minutes or take a few minutes more. It’s important that you check the fish and make sure it cooked properly. If you cook the fish to long it tastes very dry.
- You can also add onions (cut up in rounds) and thin slices of lemon when baking the fish to give it a slightly different taste.
Way to Eat Baked Fish:
- Place the fillet in a bun and add lettuce leaves, avocado, onions and tomatoes to make a nice fish sandwich.
- Eat it as is with salad or steam vegetables, or a pasta dish.