Total Time to prepare: Approx 15 min
Serving Size: 3 people
1 cup wheat flour
¼ tsp salt
About 1/2 cup water (or as needed to make a soft dough.
- Add oil to a deep fryer and set it on high so that the oil is real hot.
- Stir the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add water a little by little to make a soft round dough.
- Take a small piece and roll it into a small circle shape, a size of a saucer would be perfect.
- Heat the oil and add the poori when it’s hot. The oil should be hot but not too hot that it smokes.
- When you place the poori in the oil, gently turn it with a frying utensil and when you press gently on the poori it will puff up. Once it’s a slight golden brown you can remove it and place it on a plate and it’s ready to be served.
To see if the oil is ready drop a small piece of dough into the oil. The dough should fry up immediately and come to the surface. You know the oil is not hot enough when the poori does not puff up.
I sometimes add about 1 tablespoon of dry Fenugreek (Kasuri Methi) in my flour as I mix it to give it some extra flavor. After reading the benefits you may want to add some more, after all you are the chef.
Benefits of Fenugreek:
Fenugreek is a herb that increases free testosterone released in the body. Increased
testosterone levels lead to increased lean body mass, enhanced muscles, greater amounts of energy, improved mood and cognition, and an increase in libido and sex drive.
Checkout the site for more information on Fenugreek: