Aloo (Potatoes) Jeera Recipe
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 4 medium size potatoes peeled and cut into bite size cubes.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon full cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander powder(dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (hara dhania) to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Rub the cumin seeds in your hand and add cumin seeds, after seeds crack, add green chilies and stir for few seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add all the remaining spices, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Stir for few seconds.
- Add potatoes and mix well with Masala. Stir fry for 2 minutes. All the potatoes should be coated with spices.
- Cover and let the potatoes cook on low heat. Every 5 minutes stir the potatoes and make sure they are not sticking to the pot. If you notice that the potatoes are sticking to the pot add a few tablespoons of hot water and mix all the potatoes, and lower the heat even more.
- Turn off the heat and add cilantro. Mix it well and serve it hot.