Chicken Keema (Ground) Recipe
Time to Prepare: 50 minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
- 1 packet Chicken Mince (1 pound)
- 2 Medium Onions finely chopped
- 2 Medium Tomatoes finely chopped or ½ cup Ragu Tomato Sauce (Garlic & Onion Flavor)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt (optional)
- 2 teaspoon cumin (Geera) powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder or 3 green chilies finely chopped up
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Boiled Egg or more if desired
- 5 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of hot water
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- In a pan add 3 tablespoons oil, once heated add chopped onions. Fry for two minutes.
- Add Ground Chicken , water, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, cinnamon stick and dry chilies and sauté till golden brown. Cover for 10 minutes and let it cook on medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and mix in the mince. Add the yogurt this helps tenderize the chicken. Mix the ground chicken well and make sure the chicken is not clumped up.
- Now add the tomatoes and mix well and cook for another few minutes. Now add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and all the remaining spices. Cook about 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add peas and let it cook on low heat for another 10 minutes. If you see that the ground chicken is sticking to the pot lower the heat and add a few drops of hot water and scrape the bottom of the pan and mix it up well.
- Cover and cook till the water evaporates and the chicken is well done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and slices of boiled egg.