Green Beans with Aloo/Potatoes
Preparation Time: 30/40 minutes
- 2 Pounds Green Beans cut up real small. (Cut the beans in a slant and about ¼ “ thick)
- Potatoes cut up in small sizes (1/2” small bite size pieces)
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of Cumin/Geera powder
- 2 teaspoons of Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ginger paste
- Heat the pan with oil
- Add ½ teaspoon of ginger and fry for a minute
- Add beans and potatoes
- Add all spices and mix it all up nicely. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Add 6 tablespoons of water and cover so that it will cook with the steam. Leave it on low/medium and cook for about 20 minutes till you see that the beans and potatoes are soft. If you notice that the beans are sticking to the pan, add a little more hot water and lower the heat.
Best Way to Eat Green Beans with Aloo/Potatoes are with Roti/ Indian Bread