I love to eat english style scramble eggs for breakfast but sometimes I just feel like having an extra bite in my breakfast. In Emeril Lagasse’s words I like to Kick it Up a Notch.
If you need that dose try out my version of Indian Style Scramble Eggs.
Indian Style Scramble Eggs.
- 2 Eggs
- Handfull of fresh coriander
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato diced in small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin/geera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more according taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of mango or chili pickle
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- Heat the oil, add the onions and fry till they are transulent.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till they are nice and soft.
- Add the eggs and add all the spices and fresh coriander and mix well till the eggs are cooked.
***Serve the eggs with white bread and/or a Paratha (Indian Bread). These can be bought in your near by Ethnic Stores or can be made at home.
- Spread the chili pickle on the roti or the bread and then add the eggs and either make a sandwhich or wrap the roti and have it like a Burritto roll or in India we call it a Khati Roll. Sometimes the mango pickle could be in big pieces and if that is the case just chop it up in small pieces.