With the New Year everyone has goals and one of mine is to eat at regular intervals. Don’t get me wrong I love to cook but when it comes to eating I usually don’t focus on myself. I constantly feed my kids and family members but I tend to forget about myself. So recently I met with a health trainer and he went over keys things about eating right. One of them was eating every 4 to 6 hours in order to maintain my sugar levels. It’s important to eat often so your body is being constantly refueled and Protein is the key item to focus on. So this morning I started thinking about what i could make that was rich in Protein and I thought of Tofu. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I ate tofu every morning because of the protein level but then I got so sick of it that I stopped eating it after my daughter was born. Well welcome back Tofu. I’ve taken a leap and added an Indian touch to my recipe so check it out.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
1 Tub of Firm Tofu
1 Bunch of Spring Onions finely sliced
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Green Chillies chopped up fine (optional)
2 teaspoons of Cumin Powder (Geera Powder)
1 teaspoon salt ( add to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
1/4 teaspoon ginger finely sliced
1 teaspoon coriander powder
Handful of chopped Fresh coriander/Cilantro
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Cut up the Tofu in small cubes and place in a pot filled with hot water. This tends to firm up the Tofu even more. Leave the Tofu in the pot for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil in a large skillet and heat the oil.
- Add the onions and green chillies and fry for a 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger.
- Add Tofu and all spices except fresh coriander. Fry for about 5 minutes on medium high till you see that the water has dried out and the Tofu is cooked. Don’t stir the Tofu too much because it will break.
- Add fresh coriander to the dish and serve.